Pages

Thursday 30 October 2014

Semi Detached Houses for Wadden

With the terraced housing underway the side of the layout where the three bed semi's will go was looking rather bare. I therefore decided to add a couple of temporary houses using the Metcalfe kit by splitting it in two. The side wall was made from thick card I had and Mecalfe brick paper. The garages and walls came from the kit and the long hedge is cheap pan scourer with a little paint added. Due to its abrasive nature only use a very old or cheap brush. The picket fence is Wills (again half a packet was of a different fence type am unlikely to use, it's like only being able to buy a DVD of the latest film in a twin pack with a film you have no interest in)  The lawns  are static grass flock and the flowers a mix of different scenic foam flocks.

The whole thing was built on a section of foam board at home and then glued sparing to the layout so it can be removed when the final buildings are scratch built.

I think it fills the space nicely and I have acquired a pre war Reilly for the drive. I will also try to get a couple of people painted for them as well.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the process of the scratch built buildings, I can built the buildings ( out of foam board ) but have trouble with the paper coverings, I just can't get them to look real.

    Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Mac

    ReplyDelete